goinaround , 10-21-2023 08:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off
goinaround
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2016
[QUOTE=hogrider;3713479]
Quote: At the top, K4 is a very well run, profitable company. To that end…the pilot group has only ever gotten what K4 management has needed to give them. That last contract was hardly negotiated…..it was slid across a briefing room table at the training center to our chair as a “last and final offer” from Connie. And it went out. It’s a family business. It is what it is. It’s OK to be OK with that. It’s OK to realize that’s not likely to change…..and head on out. But if you’re gonna stay…..be OK with the status quo no matter the representation.

I am sure that is what current management group is highly anticipating. I’m here to tell you that old Machiavellian way of thinking is not going to work this time around. We have 747 wide body captains flying for less than regional pilot wages. We are the face of the union. It doesn’t matter who represents us. Everyday the men and women that make this company profitable need to wake up and ask themselves why they are giving their expertise, their health, their time away from family and personal relationships for pennies on the dollar. Do you think Captain David Bourne with the Thugsters could represent our interests any better? How about good old Captain Dan Wells at Atlas? We are the union. Every pilot needs to get involved. We are not falling for the bs offers slid across the table with take it or leave it attitude. Connie and Pete can watch their Dewey Hoooey and Louie contracts evaporate and they can both be the last ones in the building to turn the lights out.
I felt that way. Then I witnessed the pilot group around me ratify the most insulting TA I’ll hopefully ever see for the rest of my career. When you can’t trust your fellow crew dogs to respect themselves as industry professionals….what else can you do? But I’m sure it’ll be better THIS time………