View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 08:40 AM
Stan446
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by BGFPFAOA View Post
Just a warning for folks:

I’m fighting through this sub bs for Nov. 2x5 day DDHs cancelled 5 mins prior to OT, sub for 61 hours. As OT dropped (sleeping soundly with my good sked), they started pulling sh!t trips from OT and dropping them on my first sub window from the back to the front. I guess the contract word of “subsequent” doesn’t tie them to how they build the sub fill, and it negates the notification window issue for them when they assign trips 4 days out for the first window for max fill, and two and a half weeks out for the second window. I haven’t had the opportunity to decline the second window, the system only allows for one IAP (its like the builders of VIPS thought sub would be an abnormal operating mode, not a whole months flying rebuild!)

Single line departure DDHs to three leg night hub turns… seniority? Bwah!!! Jumpseats? Spotty.

I believe it would be impossible to OTP 61 hours while they ignore assignment priorities in ch25 and give all to reserves. They’ve basically created an situation where if you decline sub, you have get lucky while you hawk OT 24/7 and suffer 3 months later for what they wouldn’t let you OTP (125% of zero is zero!). They took my trip for their lack of foresight, I should get paid for those trips without losing sleep over it.

One of our problems here is not enough older folks care about stuff like this if it doesn’t affect them. That’s how student lines almost came to be. PSP is dead.

The fortune 50 company I work for should be better than this.

How can one mitigate this?
Yep, blame the senior guys, again, for something that has been in our contracts for 20 plus years.