View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 07:34 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Edit: to answer the OP's question. PAS/schedule shows 95 hours pay, 8.5 days/month putting on a uniform. Fairly senior 717A.

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
Same in my category.

And it’s awesome.

In general, pilots have been green slip drunk for too long. I’m fairly senior in category and was getting them, but I’d rather have reserve coverage and the ability to easily adjust my schedule, or bid reserve and not get used.

Record green slips month over month was no way to run an airline and it showed in the company’s metrics.

It’s also (in my opinion) part of the reason NBA has gone so junior. FOs with even a sliver of seniority could GS to make up the difference in pay. Those days appear to be over in many categories (at least for the foreseeable future). If it continues through the summer (a big if), NBA will trend more senior.

IDK, my cateogry seems to be heading the other way. Our staffing appears to only be heading south, from what I considered "decent," last summer. Most AE's they're not backfilling or simply making the net change zero. Right now our category size is much smaller than what the projection calls for. The only reason there are not as many pilots with high GS counts as there used to be, is becuase there are just a lot more pilots able to play the game. If I wanted, I could regularly get 4-5 GS/month before the new contract, even with decent staffing. Now, the only way I get more than one (maybe 2) is if I leave my phone on at night and answer the call at O'dark:30. I'm not complaining, that's just what we're seeing as more commuters are able to jump into the game.

I prefer a well staffed category, to bid reserve and have scheduling flexibilty. We're not seeing that right now, if you're on reserve, you're getting used quite a bit. The first week (not even the weekend) of December, a buddy was burried 12 deep in the 4 day bucket and was used. I'm hoping to drop a few middle days of a reserve block next month, and even in the top 25% of my seat, I'm not sure it will work because staffing is already tight. This used to be no big deal before. If things keep going the way they're going, I expect the summer to be a GS bloodbath (or SS if those come out).