Thread: American Defers Delivery of 787’s

Beech Dude , 12-20-2023 12:33 PM
Speed Verified
Beech Dude
Speed Verified
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2017
Quote: All those trips out of phl can be done double pilot. I would also say that the company can and will build those Ireland trips into a typical four or five day. There is nothing stopping them from doing that. KEF to PHL is probably even shorter and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities to send you on to a Hartford overnight after you came in from a short European flight. They do that all the time with south American and Anchorage.

Those xlrs are also to replace the 321ts so they will be doing domestic flying.

the point I'm trying to make is that if you think you're gonna be able to have the same lifestyle on the Airbus xlr as the 787 you're in for a rude awakening. Thats the bad thing about these xlrs. They take a once great section of the airline and chip away at it. No more sitting reserve doing 1 trip a month like people on the WB do, you bid reserve on the nb and you get used all the time.

Stop getting excited for these things.
Ok, ok, yeah. I'm picking up what you're putting down now. Yeah, I agree. Not WB life, not any shape, form or fashion.

I know they're probably wanting 2 pilot ops, but they've already got the FB for PHL/320 coded in FOS so here's hoping, haha.