Thread: Headsets 73
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 10:19 PM
PilotWombat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Currently freeloading

Originally Posted by WhiskeyKilo View Post
I'll add my data points to this. Long time Clarity Aloft Pro Plus user who tried a Bose Pro Flight 2 for poop and laughter.
The Bose plugs didn't bother me, but what did was the flimsyness of the Bose headset itself. I found myself constantly adjusting the position on my head which resulted in a change in mic boom position which may/may not have also caused the cords for the ear plugs to add uncomfortable tension to the plugs...

You can see where I'm going with this. I was constantly aware that the Bose headset was "on" my head while the clarity alofts just float in space, hanging gently on my ears. No fuss in setting up the CAs. Just place on my ears, insert tips, and away I go.

I was also worried about damaging the Bose when I placed the headset into the case. I've been crudely smashing my CAs into their case for 7 years without issue.

I, like others, don't like using on ear headsets due to my oversized, extended side scan acoustic antennas. So, if in-ear headsets are your jam, I'll give my enthusiastic +1 for Clarity Aloft.

One more thing, I've never broken the Clarity Alofts ear tip cables. The only failure point I've had is where the plug cable meets the headset band. CA can't fix that. They will offer you a $150 credit if you send your old pair in when you buy a new one. My first pair lasted 5 years with use in King Airs and CRJs, and this pair has been going strong for 7.
+1 for Clarity Aloft. I love mine, though I have made one modification. I found the metal wire over the ears to be a bit painful, so I bought this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Custo...dp/B003A28OW6/ and molded it over the top of my ears and mashed the earloop and earpiece wires in. Now not only is it super light and doesn't go over the top of my head, but it also literally fits my ears perfectly. Best headset I've ever had.