View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Stayontarget
Almost there

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Not Ch 7 nail, but not good. Just look at NK. The only thing keeping them together is a merger with B6.

We have similarities but on the engine issue we aren’t really comparable. Before we go all doom and gloom let’s take a step back here for a second.

July 2023- Pratt issues a warning that 200 engines have a defect and will need inspection.

Sept 2023- Article from previous poster shows expanded inspections of 6-700 engines (or aircraft depending on the article you read) up to manufacture date of 2015-mid 2021.

-Both quarterly reports have mentioned possible future problems in F9 current engines but no specifics as of yet. Looks more like this is what led to delivery delays that we have already encountered.

—If anybody has more up to date info or my info is incorrect please add on because I haven’t seen anything else.

Frontier received the first 321Neo 9/30/22 a full year after the previously mentioned date. So already we should be well past the powder metal fiasco. But let’s say we aren’t and all of the sudden it includes engines up to 6 months ago when all the info came out. That’s still only 13 P&W planes in the fleet at that time. We take on another 13 aircraft by June of next year. Fairly easy to offset the inspections if they occur at all.

But since you are talking bankruptcy we can’t forget Pratt is paying out the boote’ for lost revenue from these inspections. So little concern there. I just don’t see this as a nail in the coffin, death spiral, bankruptcy event especially considering it hasn’t happened yet. Just another ebb and flow in aviation. But again, if somebody has more up to date information regarding the engine inspections I’ll be happy to reanalyze my position on the matter.