View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 07:02 PM
ancman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by Released View Post
In my opinion, despite contrary belief, we will.

Whether it’s in the form of a virtual base, a pseudo base (through jetway trades), or an actual base, change is the only real constant.

FAs just got several temporary bases for a trial run including DFW, RDU and a few others. Far less moving parts to open their bases than ours, but it’s a step in the right direction.

The last statistic I saw showed that more than half this air line commutes. I do think as the seniors continue retiring and the new generation is hired on, we may see a discrepancy that hits a boiling point. Especially as they hire into management, union, and other roles outside the flight deck. These types of threads and conversations help grease the wheels.

The company has stated it intends to grow each year and I don’t see growth in this industry without some type of expansion. AA pulled out a large number of routes from AUS and DAL immediately swept in. They’re even going as far as connecting flights through AUS. I have a sneaking suspicion that when AUS doubles in size with its second terminal, DAL may show even more initiative. That’s just one city of the many DAL is interested in.

Lastly, BOS being teased and ultimately shut down gives a glimpse into their world that a new base is not out of the realm of possibility.

The future is looking optimistic. Just my $0.02

Happy New Year
I agree. There’s zero chance that we’ll see a new base under this management team. But this team won’t be in charge forever. The next generation may or may not have a different philosophy.