View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 01:54 PM
Profane Kahuna
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by jumping ship View Post
Hello all and thanks in advance for the help.

I received a letter from the FAA asking for my "Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Summary of Benefits Rating Sheet" on my latest continuation approval for my Special Issuance Medical.

Does anyone know what this specific item is?

For background, I've already reported all my VA disability info to the FAA. They have my entire VA and military medical records which i submitted when i reported all my VA disabilites back in 2018 when the VA approved them. I have Special Issuance Authorization for my First Class Medical for several of these items which was issued several years ago, and updated every 6 months.

On the VA portal, there is no item titled "Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Summary of Benefits Rating Sheet". There is a "Summary of Benefits" letter which I downloaded, but it does not have much info other than overall rating, date of disablity, retirement status, etc. Bottom line, I'm not sure this is what the VA is after, or why. Especially since they already have my entire VA record, and all my VA decision letters which include every item claimed and approved. I've got a call into AMAS, but they are closed for the holidays.

Anyone have info or similar circumstance that can shed some light.

Thanks in advance!
It's a witch hunt. Everyone is guilty and must prove innocence.

Call your union medical or military people and they can explain.

Even though you have been truthful and already shared everything, you have to do it again.

You might even get threatening letters from the FAA, going right up to the point of accussations of fraud and then backing off slightly if you send them the same paperwork you have already sent them.

You will eventually be cleared.

​​​​​​​.