Thread: Worth staying?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 06:41 AM
ogarmyopar
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2021
Default Worth staying?

Is there any reason to stay at FX any longer or is this place going to continue to die long term. My original thought was to wait for the contract and maybe a large amount of retirements would come afterwards and maybe in a year or two the stagnation would reverse to hiring again but I just don’t know anymore. I can’t stand our domestic nb flying and it’s looking more and more like I will be stuck on the 75 for the foreseeable future. What is a reason to stay here anymore?

My main reasons for coming here in the first place were simple but they all seem to be a thing of the past.

1. Main reason I came here was simply for higher pay. I thought with a majority fleet of wb’s I would see wb pay longer in my career especially in the left seat which takes a long time to hold at legacy’s. (Also had no idea some of our own guys including our NC would try to argue why our primarily wb fleet shouldn’t command wb rates) Little did I know I’d be stuck in right seat nb when I could be left seat nb at any pax carrier already making double what I make now.
2. came thinking this company basically printed money and it wasn’t susceptible to career changing downturns. Now this could be argued that if where we are now is as bad as it gets then it’s partially true that even in bad times the worst you see here is stagnation and low blgs.
3. came to fly interesting and different international routes. No I’m flying to the same awful cities staying in the same awful hotels I have been for 10 years.
4. Loved the idea of FDA’s. Both dead probably to never return again.
5. Wanted to avoid pax fa’s and security every day. That’s accomplished but doesn’t come with its own annoyances you don’t realize. Can’t get anything resembling a healthy meal anywhere in aoc. Catering is disgusting. And the constant bag drag into a bus off a bus into another bus on a security belt off a security belt etc. Our egregiously ridiculous tech and websites. My god we don’t even have an app to look at schedules or book jumpseats. All just minor annoyances but so was pax, fa’s, security for me.

I don’t completely hate it here and I know there is good flying to be had with seniority but our domestic am flying is horrendous and I have no interest in doing only that for the next 30 years when I could fly those routes in the daytime at pax and catch a jumpseat home when I am done with my trip instead of 6 hours later like our system. I’ve had two legacy’s basically cold call me recently with voicemails to go to interviews and I’m starting to really think about taking a move more seriously.