View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 06:13 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Aspire42 View Post
Hello everyone looking for some advice and guidance,

I was recently terminated from training at a 121 regional airline. Hiccup in GV 78/95 on the retest. I was confused about CRJ-200 conditions on icing and should have asked ahead of time. PV,MV passed with no issues. During loft me and my sim partner were sent to retraining. My partner was recommended and I was terminated.

I have been thinking about how l could have done better and what went wrong. i definitely fumbled it. Overall flying the plane and procedures were fine. looking back my CRM could have been better, in times of task saturation i should have asked for help. i was behind the plane and when i became saturated instead of asking for help I just tried harder. On the last day i climbed 3kts over the speed profile , didnt request APU to be turned on into icing conditons and stuggled slowing down from the Star to the approach. Was recommended to fly one more session but the training department opted for termination.

My apps are out there, I chair fly and study what they were teaching me every day. And to stay current I am trying to get back to working with the flight school i was at. I plan to use spitfire for interview coaching to talk about what went wrong in a proffessional way. recruiters i called said everyone is FO heavy, when asked how to make my application more marketable they mentioned its a chicken or the egg situation that i need 121 time.

Is my airline career over? Any advice on how to move forward would be very appreciated. The jump from a C-172 to a CRJ was big. But it very much can be done. The airline training department was amazing. I would like more growth. Aside from staying current im not sure a 172 or a Light twin is helping make me a better airline pilot one day. Thank you all for your time and any advice would be much appreciated.
Career is not over, it'll take a little time and distance to get it on track though. Apply to Mesa.

I've got a buddy who failed loft. Went to Mesa, did fine there, after a bit on the line went to an AA WO as a DEC then went to SWA. Took about 3 years.