Old 01-15-2024, 04:37 PM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by zippinbye View Post
I heard it on ATC comms and witnessed the A/C land on KATL 26R @ 13:07 EST today, while we were on a departure stop for inbound emergency aircraft. 1543 MCO-SLC diverted to ATL. Comms indicated an escalation from 3 to 4 during the final minutes of flight. A B-737 landed, proceeded to A concourse. Flight trackers show a significant turn from original NW trajectory east toward ATL, as the flight neared the west-central AL state line.

Continuation of flight now airborne, showing SLC just after 21:00 MST. In today's environment, it seems odd that ~170 folks with hand-held communication platforms have not issued some chatter, even if what we hear was blown out of proportion. Nothing on SM or the 'net as a whole. Total blackout. I'd say nothing happened, if not for having a front row seat. Enroute we queried an ARTCC and they'd haerd nothing, but committed to look into it. They came back and said "we have confirmation of an event similar to what you describe, but we cannot talk about it over the air."

Anybody know what's up? If somebody thinks what I've laid out here is SSI, tell me to S T F U, but it's all stuff any moron with eyes, the Internet and a VHF receiver could/would be aware of. I'm waiting for Tommy Lee Jones to knock on my layover hotel door with his "flashy thing."
It takes awhile for SM to pick it up. I'd give it a few days.