View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 07:52 AM
spooldup
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator

Originally Posted by Stayontarget View Post
So you want reserve to suck even more by making it harder to make extra money and pick up open time?

Alternative. Make reserve the best to bid so that a senior bidder wants it. The commuters wont have to sit in a far away base for no reason. Since 50% are commuters, more people are about to become commuters through displacements, and bases are going to start stagnating I find this a much larger priority than it was previously.
I have been saying this, but I have been told "Reserve is for junior people and you want to get off reserve."

Yeah no. I want reserve. I want 13/14 days off. Sitting reserve. Being allowed to bid B reserve. Sit Airport reserve for an extra 3hrs of pay voluntarily. Have a 3hr callout for short call and a 16-18hr for long call.

Guess what? That makes reserve A LOT more bearable for most people. I hope to see better reserve rules in this new contract and I DO NOT want MY NC to tell me "What do you want to give up for that?" OR "Reserve isn't a priority because its for junior people" Tell that to the 16 year guys in DEN.