View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 10:24 AM
spooldup
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator

Originally Posted by brooklynboys View Post
What I want it's want it's to protect seniority ! Not sure how long you been here? If you were here before this last contract you would know that we had 2 rounds of open times and seniority base when comes to pick up swap etc.
so if you are on reserve, you are new to company or just took first available upgrade! If you decided to upgrade that a your choice to make ! No one Jr can take just because they happen to submited first !
Seniority is Earned, ! Reserve you either new or you Choose to upgrade !
Fully disclose- I am a commuters So I get it! That's was another reason I brought up , often, I don't care to pickup. In past, I can swap for cummutable trip Not now! I think this will also create more premiums for all the bases, ! Scheduling dept now a days they don't need to do that because trips will pickup right away!
This system is already built , meaning that you can't swap or pick up a trip from another base until it's been in the pot for 4Hr!

No worries, your reserves rules is not going get changes!
It won't change because of people with these weird attitudes like yourself...

I could hold a line for 6 months, but I chose to sit reserve instead because my QOL was SO much better than my classmates who had an early line. There are still people in my base who sit reserve and are more senior than me. It isn't a bad thing if it has good rules.

And you state reserve is only for people who are junior FOs or choose to upgrade. What about all those senior 15+ year people who had their lines pulled from beneath them each time DEN got shrunk?