View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 12:13 PM
brooklynboys
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by spooldup View Post
It won't change because of people with these weird attitudes like yourself...

I could hold a line for 6 months, but I chose to sit reserve instead because my QOL was SO much better than my classmates who had an early line. There are still people in my base who sit reserve and are more senior than me. It isn't a bad thing if it has good rules.

And you state reserve is only for people who are junior FOs or choose to upgrade. What about all those senior 15+ year people who had their lines pulled from beneath them each time DEN got shrunk?
Just because you don't agreed doesn't mean it's weird or wrong !
Those 15 year people Choose to lived in " Denver" again , that's their choice ! I flown with many of those Denver people who understand that Denver will always be Very Senior and they choose to move or cummmte to another base where there's seniority instantly goes up ! " Choice"
It's goes back to protecting Seniorty ! Protecting seniority is a weird attitude than So be it!
I don't know how long you been here, everyone one start out jr the word "JR" is all relative ... none of the Big 3 airlines allow reserve to pickup open times like f9 as in "first come first served! It wasn't like before contract ! upgrade, .. it's a choice ... just like you choose to sit reserved! It's your Choice!

Having said that,
Now the company will continue to pull/ reduced / shift lines as they see fit! None of us has any control of it , except to leave which is what I'm working on ! using your logic ... now with all the new bases opening ! F9 will " pull" from all the bases especially the east cost bases. Where do we stop with the " what about-ism" .

I am going to guess that you were Not here before the contract ! Better yet, how long have you been at f9 ?
It's this your first airlines ?