View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 03:16 AM
EddyV1
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
International Gateway, as I now have had 1x one way ticket and 2x round trip tickets purchased, works like this.

Ensure HR updates eCrew with your foreign address, simple email, so that travel sees you are a XXX gateway.

Find your ideal flights on your preferred carrier, I assume AA for you out of Spain. Email our travel desk the details, I like to highlight savings off the 1250 one way cap, and a few hours later, check your AA app, be happily surprised to find the booking, and select your seat.

You will have a hotel booked in base upon your arrival, and you will have a hotel booked between returning to base and heading for home if needed.

Suffer through a few months of economy seats until your status rapidly builds and you secure complimentary upgrades.

As for base and aircraft... ORD 747 or MIA 777 or 747 when commuting out of Spain. JFK is really expensive when you are trying to find food on layovers. 767 JFK is a good option, it is a phantom base, as of now you will never see it... until something changes. I do FRA to PDX on the 767, but I am from Portland and still have family there. It works well.
Great info. Thank you. Is this a hand shake agreement/courtesy or an official policy by Atlas. Completed part 1 of the interview recently and asked about this program, with HR telling me it was Domestic Only Gateway. I want International Gateway 100%, just want to confirm as I continue the interview process. Would make Atlas an easy choice since I could continue to live overseas and not worry about the commute cost.