Thread: Back to LAX
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 06:56 AM
spooldup
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator

Originally Posted by BobSacamano View Post
This is a pretty big departure from our bread-and-butter Midwest-to-sun type routes. I mean LAX to SFO? this is a real change in strategy, and I wonder what it all means.

The optimist in me is thinking heck yeah let’s throw some respectable frequency on these routes and show Kirby what it really means to meaningfully compete with our CASM. The pessimist worries that we can or will even attempt to actually do that.
Our frequency has been increasing for a while... a year ago in an investor call BB and DS stated they were focusing on frequency instead of new routes so that they had the ability to roll people into another flight that wasn't 3-4 days later and have more options available for customers.

That being said, they get no respect until they can make profits by paying THEIR EMPLOYEES a industry standard pay, both pilots and flight attendants. Everyone in this place is being paid less than elsewhere, except a select few, those at the top.

That pay pyramid is the biggest on the top and gets smaller towards the bottom with BB making more than his "peers" (CEOs) at other airlines of similar nature. Our workload and responsibility also is an upside down pyramid where all of the crap is up top and the pilots and flight attendants deal with the brunt of it at the bottom.