Furloughed Again?!
ZapBrannigan
Furloughed Again?!
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2007
  • Position
    Boeing 737
Quote: Yeah, that's the one. Do you think it will hold up because the Bluetooth box on it looks fragile compared to Clarity Aloft?
So I don't have a separate case for it. I throw it on the top of my cooler bag and it does just fine.

Where I was having problems was where the cord comes out of the Bluetooth box. It was cracking. I realized it was because I would plug in the headset and then jam the control box between the sun visor rail and the side wall, but that torqued that cord at a weird angle.

For a while I used liquid electrical tape to "fix it". Finally I took one of those 3D printed hooks that clips to the sun visor rail and super glued it to the Bluetooth control box so I could just "clip" the box to the visor rail. That solved all the problems.

What I like better about this headset (and the Halo, and the Axios) is that the speaker is actually In the head band. The only thing going to your ears are 50 cent sound tubes. Easily replaceable/repairable on the road. You can get a hand full of the ear tips for free at any hearing aid store, buy them from 3M, or just make them yourself with foamie ear plugs.

IF you insert the tips correctly (there's a video) the noise reduction is on par with ANR. If you just shove them in your ear hole with half sticking out you'll be disappointed.

The reason I like this better than Clarity Aloft is that on the clarity the wires going to the ear tips would short out on me after a while. They'll fix it for you but it takes a while.

And once in a blue moon one of the screw on tips would come off in my ear and getting the sucker out was tough! Thought I might have to go to the ER in San Juan one day to get it out! Not a problem with the yellow foam tips because they have a "stem" you can grab on to. That was enough to turn me off to the Clarity Aloft for a while.

Thats more than you asked but yes. The CQ headset is tough. I treat it like crap, just tossing it in my bag with no protection though and it just keeps on going with no issues.