View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 01:40 PM
Verdell
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by FyrePilot View Post
Build status however possible (credit card, regular nights purchased when commuting, any nights I can get from the hotel even when staying under work contract)

Saved enough points, had bonuses from credit cards, and then non-revved in American Business JFK to Doha, and then econonomy Doha to Male. Spent $1500 on seaplane, and $3000 at resort (food, beverage, diving, private boat ride). All at St Regis Maldives Sunset Bungalow, average rate of $3500 per night all for 6 nights free on points. That status that I chased for years payed off big for that trip. Currently saving nights and points for the next big trip. Halfway to lifetime platinum status where we get free breakfast and more likely upgrades, that I will use 30 years from now. Then I can start account in each of my kids names to start getting them to lifetime status.

No- its not about the lounge or anything else while I am at work. I get whatever room they give me. Its about getting status to use at the best resorts while on my own time and dime. Earn nights at the fairfield, use status at the St Regis
This is where I stuggle with point chasing. Just how much spend on a credit cards did you have to accrue enough points to make this happen?