Old 01-31-2024, 10:06 AM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by neodd View Post
Leading question: What do you think is supposed to happen when you get rerouted into an extra day that conflicts with your next rotation (line holder)?

I’ve asked several other people about this and I always get the same answer: next rotation is dropped and pay protected.

I had this happen to me a few months ago and my next rotation wasn’t dropped. Instead, scheduling/tracking/who-knows removed the first day of the rotation and then ADDED a segment (DH) on the 2nd day of the rotation (my new first day) to catch me up to it.

I had a long discussion with the scheduling supervisor about it at the time. At first they claimed 23.G.2 says the company may remove a pilot from a rotation or portion of a rotation. But that didn’t explain the added segment which I argued is either a reroute or recovery. Then he claimed that my lack of required rest for the rotation was an IROP so they could add the segment under 23.K recovery. My lack of rest… because they rerouted me… There were no IROPS on either of my rotations prior to the reroute.

I ACE’d it a few months ago. Scheduling committee just got to it and… agreed with the company that personal IROPS caused by the company can obligate a pilot to 23.K. WTF?

How do I escalate this further?

At the time of the event, I called the scheduling committee volunteer who agreed with me, who called someone from the actual scheduling committee, who also agreed with me, but ultimately told me to fly now and grieve later. So imagine my surprise when ACE comes back with nothing-to-see-here.

Under this interpretation, the company has free reign to subject (line-holder) pilots to any flying because of “IROPS” that the company caused by reroutes.
Its not reroute for the second rotation, because you’re New Day is later than the original sign in.

An Irop is anytime your rotation is disrupted for things not in our control. So 23k for the second rotation sounds about right. Now,,,if they would’ve altered it again a second time and there’s no WX waiver, then it’s an illegal reroute (double 23k).

In your case, you were DH to join your original (2nd) rotation. You’re legal for it, you’re wasting your time. You get extra money for the reroute in the first rotation. Second rotation “reroute” is legal.

happened to me a bunch of times.