View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 06:24 PM
Skyrider12
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default New Commercial Pilot-1st Job Advice

Hello Everyone,

I am a new low hour CSEL pilot, and just got my first flying job, and was hoping to get some advice from some more experienced pilots.
Ive been lurking on these forums for quite some time and have seen some similar posts that were offered really great advice so I figured this would be a good place to ask.

I just got my first flying job and passed their training with no issues, and will start in the next couple weeks. Everything has been perfect except my boss wants me to fudge my experience in aircraft type for insurance purposes; basically say I have more hours than I do. He says If i dont, then ill have to work unpaid with him until I get those hours. Its not a LOT of hours hes saying to add but still....It dosent sit right with me.

Also, he said to turn off Xpndr and ADSB...i get it, I dont love it, but i know if its installed it should be on.

What do you guys think? I dont want to be a problem, but Ive worked really hard for my ratings and dont intend to mess it up now. I dont know If maybe these things are common in the real world especially for these types of operators, and maybe im over thinking it a bit, but it just dosent feel right.

Thanks in advance for any help and i Know this really is a newbie question so....Let the abuse begin!