View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 08:02 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Skyrider12 View Post
Everything has been perfect except my boss wants me to fudge my experience in aircraft type for insurance purposes; basically say I have more hours than I do. He says If i dont, then ill have to work unpaid with him until I get those hours. Its not a LOT of hours hes saying to add but still....It dosent sit right with me.
Your boss is asking you to commit a crime (fraud), and he's not discreet about it. He knows that it will cost more money for insurance, until you meet a certain minimum. He's asking you to commit a crime in order to save money, and explaining that he'll simply have you work without pay, if you don't commit the crime for him.

Do you really need someone to tell you that this is wrong? It's illegal, and it's unethical.

Originally Posted by Skyrider12 View Post
Also, he said to turn off Xpndr and ADSB...i get it, I dont love it, but i know if its installed it should be on.
What do you get? His point, that it's better turned off? That it works? That it could save your life, or someone else's life? That it's required? Which part do ou get?

Which part do you not love?

You know it should be turned on. That's all that need be said. Do what you know.

Your boss is unethical. Find someone else to work for. He's dishonest. What corners is he cutting on paperwork? Maintenance? You think he'll back you with the FAA, or a legal issue, if he has the chance to throw you under the bus to save himself? He's dishonorable. Find another place to work.

Personally, I wouldn't even give him notice. I'd just leave. Your boss isn't worth a second thought. There are a lot like your boss out there. Avoid them.