View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 11:03 AM
threeighteen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by 100 Continue View Post
Forced to resign? Why?
Back in November I made a post exposing the existence of a newly created WhatsApp group that was publicly scheming to create a “kill list” of pilots that they wanted to deny jumpseats to.

The WhatsApp group was also organizing efforts to use the ALPA bylaws (requiring in-person voting) to disenfranchise the wishes of the majority of the pilot group that wanted to and was trying to replace the management-friendly company-apologists that dominated our union at the time. The WhatsApp group was also trying to delay the seating of the newly elected block reps that had replaced the company apologists. Their end goal? They will honestly tell you that it was to give the NC chair more time to get a deal done. A quick and dirty TA 1.1 if you will. Basically, another win for the company, something that the majority of the pilot group does not want.

My personal belief is that it was a union-busting attempt by management. Many of the people involved in that WhatsApp group, including the creator, were management pilots, quasi-management pilots, or close friends and sympathizers of management pilots. If they succeeded at their goals, which I will admit that they partly did by buying the NC chair some more time, they essentially force the pilot group into either accepting a lousy second offer brought forth by the NC chair or they buy management a lot more time with pilots working for discount wages and unfixed work rules. Either way, a big win for the company.

Despite the extremely public nature of the aforementioned WhatsApp group, they did not like the fact that I posted their schemes here. The management pilots, quasi management pilots, their friends, and others who had been exposed for creating a hostile work environment and for their union busting attempts became absolutely livid.

Threats were made to myself and others, and unfortunately a pilot who was a vocal no voter was placed on NOQ status in a “shoot him first, find the reason why later” manner. That pilot unfortunately ended up resigning to take a job elsewhere instead of dealing with a kangaroo court here.

The WhatsApp group also tried to do the same thing to the block 5 rep recently, they were ****ed that he posted the publicly available member list of their public chat. I have also heard that they tried to attack the careers of other vocal no voters.

Last edited by threeighteen; 02-10-2024 at 11:16 AM.