Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Cargo > FedEx
term sheet a kick in pants >

term sheet a kick in pants

Notices

term sheet a kick in pants

Old 02-06-2024, 06:12 PM
  #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO
Posts: 1,098
Default term sheet a kick in pants

Council 7 message out - "cost neutral" - that means $0 from last Jun, which means it's got less value since it's 6 plus months later. Man where's that new TA the Company suppposedly had in their hip pocket, because you know, "you always vote no on the first TA". Not looking so good right now.
Tuck is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 06:14 PM
  #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
Council 7 message out - "cost neutral" - that means $0 from last Jun, which means it's got less value since it's 6 plus months later. Man where's that new TA the Company suppposedly had in their hip pocket, because you know, "you always vote no on the first TA". Not looking so good right now.
What's not looking so good right now is PM and everyone supporting him. Maybe he should've resigned like he said he would after the TA failure. Oh well, looks like we STILL have to start all over, once we finally admit that this team isn't gonna get it done.
bitwiser is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 06:33 PM
  #3  
Line Holder
 
switch monkey's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by bitwiser View Post
What's not looking so good right now is PM and everyone supporting him. Maybe he should've resigned like he said he would after the TA failure. Oh well, looks like we STILL have to start all over, once we finally admit that this team isn't gonna get it done.
Maybe we shouldíve ALL believed him when he said it was the best he could doÖ
switch monkey is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 06:40 PM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO
Posts: 1,098
Default

Originally Posted by bitwiser View Post
What's not looking so good right now is PM and everyone supporting him. Maybe he should've resigned like he said he would after the TA failure. Oh well, looks like we STILL have to start all over, once we finally admit that this team isn't gonna get it done.
Yeah, because that would make a difference. You know send in someone else and then the Company would be shaking and offer that hip pocket TA2 they've been hiding.
Tuck is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 07:29 PM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DLax85's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey
Posts: 3,189
Default

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
Council 7 message out - "cost neutral" - that means $0 from last Jun, which means it's got less value since it's 6 plus months later. Man where's that new TA the Company suppposedly had in their hip pocket, because you know, "you always vote no on the first TA". Not looking so good right now.
They want us to turn against each other.
Their tactics haven't changed.
The clock ticks for both sides.
The most anxious lose.
VR,
DLax

(p.s. Our previous leadership had a 99% strike authorization vote in their pocket. Never used it. We might need too. Time will tell)
DLax85 is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 08:13 PM
  #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,157
Default

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
They want us to turn against each other.
Their tactics haven't changed.
The clock ticks for both sides.
The most anxious lose.
VR,
DLax

(p.s. Our previous leadership had a 99% strike authorization vote in their pocket. Never used it. We might need too. Time will tell)
Please take a few hours and read the railway labor act. Focus on the sections involving the NMB. The only thing more delusional than your "we have more leverage now than ever" is "we just need to strike". The longer the clock ticks, the happier management is. The longer we beg them to stick to the 2015 CBA, the happier they are. I honestly have to wonder if you aren't working for them. They couldn't hope for a stronger advocate. It's brilliant when you think about it. Plant someone in social media that keeps promising things that will never happen so the pilots keep voting to extend pay rates negotiated a decade ago for another decade. We gain nothing. They don't have to add a nickel to anyone's paycheck or retirement. Who is really losing here?
Rock is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 08:19 PM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DLax85's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey
Posts: 3,189
Default

Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Please take a few hours and read the railway labor act. Focus on the sections involving the NMB. The only thing more delusional than your "we have more leverage now than ever" is "we just need to strike". The longer the clock ticks, the happier management is. The longer we beg them to stick to the 2015 CBA, the happier they are. I honestly have to wonder if you aren't working for them. They couldn't hope for a stronger advocate. It's brilliant when you think about it. Plant someone in social media that keeps promising things that will never happen so the pilots keep voting to extend pay rates negotiated a decade ago for another decade. We gain nothing. They don't have to add a nickel to anyone's paycheck or retirement. Who is really losing here?
Why did our previous MEC leadership call for a strike authorization?

Why did UPS Teamsters do the same last summer?

Does the NMB control our customers when they decide how to ship?

VR,
DLax

p.s. Iím unsure what you think Iíve promised. Iím sure I donít work for the company. I believe our leverage comes once a year - maybe twice this year, with the Postal Contract up for rebid. I understand profit = revenue - cost. Their goal is to maximize profit and they focus on both variables.

Last edited by DLax85; 02-06-2024 at 08:52 PM.
DLax85 is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 08:32 PM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2023
Posts: 113
Default

We didn't change out the NC so the company didn't change their offer. Change must first come from within.
plzdontfireme is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 08:48 PM
  #9  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO
Posts: 1,098
Default

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
They want us to turn against each other.
Their tactics haven't changed.
The clock ticks for both sides.
The most anxious lose.
VR,
DLax

(p.s. Our previous leadership had a 99% strike authorization vote in their pocket. Never used it. We might need too. Time will tell)
How exactly, beyond advertising it which they did, would we use that vote? BTW - that vote is long gone - doubt you'd get 60% if the vote were taken today. Sad.
Tuck is offline  
Old 02-06-2024, 08:50 PM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO
Posts: 1,098
Default

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
Why did our previous MEC leadership call for a strike authorization?

Why did UPS Teamsters do the same last summer?

Does the NMB control our customers when they decide how to ship?

VR,
DLax

p.s. Iím unsure what you think Iíve promised. Iím sure I donít work for the company. I believe our leverage comes once a year - maybe twice this year. I understand profit = revenue - cost. Their goal is to maximize profit and they focus on both variables.
Are you really comparing an association under the NLRB to one under the RLA? Seriously...this it the kind of thinking that will kill us
Tuck is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
seattlepilot
Frontier
243
08-10-2018 12:51 PM
winglet
Mesa Airlines
1487
03-01-2011 08:23 PM
CANAM
Mesa Airlines
39
10-26-2010 07:27 AM
contrails
Money Talk
7
07-17-2008 05:24 AM
Sasquatch
Cargo
10
11-09-2006 04:28 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices