View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 05:32 PM
kevin18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Maverick;[url=tel:3767603
3767603[/url]]Hey guys. AA guy here. What are the rules for how early an offline pilot can check in for jumpseat on a mainline United. I've often been told 1 hr so wait until gate agent is present at gate and at an hour checkin. We have a commuter here always bending the rules on AA and now I'm seeing him on the standby list for a flight tomm morning at 7:08am. He was not rolled over from the last flight tonight as he wasn't on standby list and it left with empty seats. Is he allowed to go to airport the day before and list????? A few other pilots here also think he is using an automated checkin app for AA which is against our rules. He's has checked in before while airborne, a few times when I check he has been within 5 min of takeoff or landing based ON/OFF times for his flight
How much has this guy harmed you that you’ve sleuthed on/off times with check in times?

Check in is at the gate. So if the gate agent is there can check in. No clue if there’s a limit how far out or at another gate as I’ve never had to do that.