View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 03:16 AM
KnightNight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2021

Originally Posted by BlueOceanSky View Post
Just wondering if anyone can contribute info about the availability for special project and assignment positions for first officers and captains at the big 4. I know that at AA there aren't any at the chief pilot's office, but perhaps there maybe some in the training center and company HQ? With the new contract FO's can finally be instructor pilots in the training center.

How about at United, Delta, and Southwest?
Theres a lot at United, chief pilot office often have two people on special assignment. If you live in Chicago there are even more, such as Line Operations downtown (they update jepp company info, bulletins etc etc), there’s people working on ASAPs etc. Tons of stuff you’d never think of. Of course training center stuff in Denver.

the big thing with special assignment is you have to apply and then keep asking till something sticks then network network network. It’s a great gig if you need to be home or you want to diversify yourself, setup for LCP or Flight Manager etc etc. I enjoyed it when I did it but I missed the flying that I was happy to get back. Great experience though, would recommend