View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 10:42 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by nene View Post
Seems the Philippines needs to start an advertising campaign to help Americans spell their name. I only remeber because "Philip pines" over the women there.....
You mean "Fillipinas" or Pinay?

Fillipino, for men.

Have to be a little careful with models. Their woodcarving skills are excellent, but they also will paint things upside-down and not recognize that as a problem. If you can make a connection to a local source, you can buy the models for about 50% of retail. At one point I was a distributor for one of the builders and we stocked our entire (corporate flying) office with models of ours and our customers' aircraft.

A friend of mine got the scale wind tunnel models of some of the flighters he flight tested. Those are sure cool and weigh a ton.

Can't go wrong with Gemini 200 (metal scale models). ALPA orders models for outgoing volunteers as a thank you present. Could call the MEC Office and talk to whoever orders thsoe. They are good quality.