Old 02-19-2024, 12:26 PM
tallpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
You mean "Fillipinas" or Pinay?

Fillipino, for men.

Have to be a little careful with models. Their woodcarving skills are excellent, but they also will paint things upside-down and not recognize that as a problem. If you can make a connection to a local source, you can buy the models for about 50% of retail. At one point I was a distributor for one of the builders and we stocked our entire (corporate flying) office with models of ours and our customers' aircraft.

A friend of mine got the scale wind tunnel models of some of the flighters he flight tested. Those are sure cool and weigh a ton.

Can't go wrong with Gemini 200 (metal scale models). ALPA orders models for outgoing volunteers as a thank you present. Could call the MEC Office and talk to whoever orders thsoe. They are good quality.
I know pilots are cheap unless they are buying whiskey...

If you want Filipino wood I recommend Factory Direct Models. They aren't cheap but they are quality.

However, if you would like a quality made in USA model, I suggest Atlantic Models in Miami. They are made from durable resin and hand painted with custom tail numbers, etc. I have been buying from them since my first jet. They will also give you a tour of the factory, just give them a call next time you end up in North Havana.
​​​