Thread: DALPA Pay raise
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 11:44 AM
Planetrain
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by StoneQOLdCrazy View Post
My understanding is that if the proposal is approved, only full-time DALPA positions would get the 108 hours. And there is no ability for them to pick up green slips, IAs, etc. when doing full time work. When they fly, I guess they buy a trip or part of a trip from a line pilot. The line pilot gets paid to stay home, and the full time DALPA pilot doesn't get any additional money above the full time FPL amount.
I think the majority of DALPA volunteers including reps are part time, and would not generally get close to 108 hours of FPL.
Your understanding is only partially correct. From PRMC 24-01:
PMRC Recommendation: Increase daily FPL from 5:15/day to 6:00/day for part-time volunteers. Increasing FPL from 5:15 to 6:00 drives an increase in FPL for a full-time volunteer from 94:30/month to 108:00/month, working the same 18 days per month. Of note, none of the 18 days may be worked from home.”

If you increase the FPL from 5:15 to 6:00, it drives both the full time AND part time RATE to 108:00/month. Add in normal flying and the part timer easily makes 108:00 with dropped trips for Alpa. As a reference point, this used to be capped at 89:00 in the 2010s. You could earn more than 89:00 as a part timer, but Alpa would cut pay reimbursement for trips over 89:00 minute for minute.

Alpa is already getting paid more thanks to the massive lift with the pay rates from the last contract. For those counting EDP in the comparison, that only kicks in with excessively long duty days. Is the 6:00 FPL contingent on an ALPA day of 12 hours of duty like the line pilots?