Thread: DALPA Pay raise
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 10:51 PM
20Fathoms
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by myrkridia View Post
I'm gonna leave the embarrassing typo as a form of well deserved public shaming. I'm just saying that 108h is not that crazy for someone working 18 days.
Well respected answer. Wasn’t trying to be a d^*%, just trying to push back a bit on the narrative that triple digit hours is something that is normal and anyone can do. Not everyone is NYC or ATL based and can get GS#4 with a snap of their fingers.

Heck I tried max credit in January to pay off some Christmas presents: blanket GS request and weekends off to maximize GS availability. Finally got one but just a 2 day, well short of 108 and that’s with all the stops pulled out at 35 percent BES. GS#2 in my category simply does not exist. And that’s on a narrow body: as a further data point I once had a blanket GS request in on the widebody fleets and had the phone ring exactly once in a 3 year period! It simply was not possible to hit 108 no matter what you did.

I have a deep respect for our union volunteers and they seem adept at their jobs overall especially compared to our peers. But let’s not pretend 108 hours a month for a 9-5 or WFH isn’t a cush gig because it most certainly is. It is also more money than I could have possibly attained in January no matter how many days I was willing to work.