Thread: DALPA Pay raise
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 05:06 AM
170Till5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Originally Posted by FangsF15 View Post
Do folks have any concept for how much time and effort, you might even say…. work goes into being a rep? My wife would shoot me if I ever ran for rep, those guys/gals are constantly answering phone calls on a myriad of issues, fielding emails, angry rants, before they even do any of the work you talk about here. It’s pretty much a 24/7 job. Same with the full time “108” hour folks. They have to be in the office 18 days a month. You realize that, right? How many days did you work last month? No working from home, except for all the extra time above 18 days they have to put in. Many of the (very few) folks who get 108 hours are “working” nearly every day of the month. Besides the fact that the company has to pay for the majority of the people making 108.

I talked to 2 of my reps (one of whom was on vacation), and they asked me to guess how many phone calls they’ve had to field from angry constituents about the issue. I guessed many dozens, maybe a hundred +. He chuckled. Nope. Less than 10 in the biggest council by far. As another side note, when the company was informed they would have to pay more for the full timers, the company reportedly laughed and asked why we weren’t giving these folks 10 or 15 hours of pay per day.

The masses don’t care about this. At least not enough to write or call their reps on this issue.
year 12 WB captain would make $579K crediting 108 hours/month.. this doesn’t seem like “volunteering” if they can easily make more than a line pilot with from the comfort of their home.. I sure hope they would pick up the phone, it’s taking away from people who actually want to do good and some people will go there to just collect the pay and not do sh****… just like congress..

again, checks and balance. Let the pilots vote. This is just coming off as corrupt