Thread: 67 is dead,
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 01:31 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
At UA The benefit is indexed to future pay increases, pilots pay 25% of premium, benefit is tax free with no offsets and absolutely gets retirement contributions.
I have a bit of a vested interest in this section of the UAL plan. Can you provide the contract reference that says disabled pilots continue to get full DC contributions. Here are the only relevant sections I can find.

22-A-2 Eligible Earnings

“Eligible Earnings” for contributions made in accordance with this Agreement shall mean the total cash compensation (determined before deduction for the Pilot's elective deferral contributions, the Pilot's elective contributions pursuant to Section 24-E, or any other pre-tax earnings deferral elections pursuant to a qualified cash or deferred arrangement, cafeteria plan or Section 132(f)(4) transportation fringe benefit plan) paid to him by the Company (whether paid before or after retirement, disability, death, or other termination of employment), with respect to services he performed while classified as a Pilot and performed after becoming a participant in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan: provided, however:

22-A-2-a Eligible Earnings shall not include, for any purpose: (i) contributions to or payments from any other benefit plan; (ii) Company contributions to a benefit plan pursuant to Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code; (iii) hiring bonuses or other special payments relating to commencement of employment; (iv) moving expenses, relocation allowances, housing allowances; (v) membership costs and dues; (vi) fees paid for employment referrals; (vii) prizes and awards (other than annual awards); (viii) on-time bonus plan payments; (ix) expense reimbursement payments and allowances; (x) furlough pay; (xi) severance pay or other special payments.

24-H-14 Other Benefits While Receiving LTD Benefits

A Pilot receiving LTD benefits shall participate in the Pilot medical (including prescription drug), dental, vision, and life & accident plans with the same benefits and with same cost-sharing offered to Pilots in Active Service. LTD benefits are not considered eligible earnings under any defined contribution plan. However, vacation that is paid to a Pilot in the waiting period or while on LTD is deferrable as an employee contribution into the applicable Pilot defined contribution plan on the same basis as an Active Pilot. A Pilot receiving LTD benefits may participate in Company pass travel programs on the same basis as an Active Pilot. Additional provisions related to Pilots receiving LTD benefits are in Section 24-I-7.