Thread: Envoy questions
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 01:03 PM
Ravenwing
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2022

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
LOL, RPA is not any more hard on their fleet than another regional.
1) We do not use printers so why would there be one? If you are flying one around without it, then that's an Envoy issue, not RPA.
2) ACARS MEL is extremely rare at RPA so likely just a one off issue with that plane.
3) RPA gave you gave the crappiest of planes, so none of this is really a surprise.

As for the electrical outlet, assuming it's at least got the USB port? I mean, how many things do you need to be charging? (serious question). I find the USB port to be adequate and far better than the plug because the plugs eventually wear out and nothing stays plugged in. FWIW, that was some sort of stop-gap measure (Can't remember why) as all new orders have the outlet.
Envoy has been slowly standardizing the fleet. It's been 5-6 months since I saw a plane with just a USB A plug and no printer. Envoy issues us our EFBs with a USB C/USB C charger which we plug into the single electrical outlet in the flight deck. I lost my USB A/USB C cable and had a hard time keeping my EFB alive until the end of the day. I only charge my EFB in flight. I ordered a USB A/USB C adapter this time. No printer is annoying but it's easier now we have Aerodata and don't have to run to the gate agent to print TPS numbers. It is also annoying that Envoy sends the planes out before standardizing them and changing the tail number.

Our E170s are the oldest and most problematic planes in the fleet and many of them came from Republic. It's common for them to break, have rough engine vibrations, or have 7 MELs. So when we see an E170 on our release with lots of MELs we have a tendency to blame Republic. Pilots need something to whine about after all.