View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 11:55 AM
ARL120384
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
Reserve changes I'd like to see in no particular order:

Reserve grid- return to a single grid with a single value for any given day that governs LCR/SCR/lineholders all on the same damn grid.

Increase days off to 14 off for any LCR or SCR bid period

Change VDA system to match what NK had with the rotating priority based on accepted VDA credit that month. Allow RSVs to pick up trips on day off above guar.

I'm torn on the SCR silo stuff, but if junior pilot gets awarded the earliest time in a silo this will suck when a senior pilot bids C and gets 1600 with a junior guy starting Silo D at 1700. I think a potential compromise would be to keep it as it is today but instead of earliest legal pilot getting a trip it should be most junior legal pilot getting the trip. That way the senior guys will still start early in a block, but if a junior guy is stacked 1hr after then the senior guy is only on the hook for 1hr til the junior guy gets on duty.

LCR and SCR fly first list where a pilot can voluntarily take an assignment either on the DRO or day of operation outside of the callout order.

RAP should be extended to 12hrs (stay with me here) and any early release/shortening of the RAP is at the discretion of the pilot. If the pilot accepts a next day pairing assignment that reports earlier than their RAP start+2.5hrs then the trip pays 50% override above guar. If the pilot accepts a shortened current day RAP and an earlier next day RAP then that next day RAP pays the 50% override. Extending the RAP time to 12hrs limits the circadian shifts that CS can do. Going from 1600-0000 one day then 1000-2000 the next is tough. 12hr RAPs would limit shifts to 2hrs earlier than you started on the current day. 1200-0000 Day 1, 1000-2200 Day 2, etc
Not bad ideas. I still like the idea of set RAP times, the DRO must die with CBA 1.0.

Not sure I'm a fan of your last suggestion. I like the override ideas, BUT if we extend to 12 hours, I bet somehow that will require less reserves = less staffing. Just spit balling without running actual numbers. But forward your ideas to the CBA suggestion PDR.

Survey time!