Thread: Lambert Field
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 05:28 AM
flyguy81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
You had me until you started making it political. The biggest and bluest state in the country is largely responsible for the existence of the company that we work for. I don't live there nor do I desire to. I am just keeping it real.

Economics will always win. St Louis used to house a huge manufacturing economy and was a solid middle class town full of people who had the means to buy a house, raise a family, and take a vacation every year. They lost that and the airport lost their hub airline at the same time. SWA needs STL and vice versa. I doubt they care what political flavor the politician with their hand out is backing.
Just stating a fact that the exodus of people and companies largely is coming from Democratic run states like NY, NJ, IL, CA to Republican run states like FL, TN, etc. Why are they leaving? Cost. If you can have a better QOL/profit margin somewhere else….why not leave?

I’m just saying how things went down. AA left because it was a TWA hub they didn’t want and the increased fees gave them a reason to save $ and to solidify ORD. If they raise the fees again, you better believe we’ll move cross state to MCI. It’s not personal…it’s business.