Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 04:02 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Cavflyer View Post
I came from a regional. QOL was horrible, and going back is not worth the $200k signing bonus to me.
Then you have nothing to compare Omni to. You're comparing apples and grapes. I never mentioned the bonus checks. If we do that some direct entry captains will pull $550k their first year. They also have real travel benefits for their family; albeit harder to use, but there nonetheless. They also get lifetime travel in retirement, that's actually a pretty huge thing.

Originally Posted by Cavflyer View Post
I have worked less than I would at any other airline I am aware of. Maybe just lucky.
That is exactly my point. You're saying how great it is here for you with nothing to fairly & honestly compare it to.

We are now close to the bottom of the barrel in our segment of the industry. If people that fly here keep making excuses - about how great they think it is - then things won't change or improve.

I'd suggest that before pontificating about how great it is; you take some time to look at and read other pilot contracts. Everybody has passed us by; both in terms of pay and QOL.