Old 03-22-2024, 11:08 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Of course "Cloud seeding" is a "real thing." Solar geoengineering isn't, beyond speculation and computer models and a lot of woulda's and coulda's.

I've done "cloud seeding," which is science-based. It can be very effective. One ought not be so naive as to think the wording of the bill amendment refers to atmospheric research.

It also had widespread potential to criminalize everything from a camp fire to a can of hair spray.

I've done "cloud seeding." I've also been on the receiving end of death threats from religious fanatics and conspiracy nuts that thought we were interfering with the natural process of God.

Some years ago a fruitcake with a fanatical bent on chemtrails told me that he had incontrovertable proof on his website, which I visited. There, among many other photos, I found one of a man in an airplane, operating large chemical tanks and equipment. I was familiar; the picture was me and the equipment was retardant tanks in a C-130, firefighting. The conspiracy nut insisted that I must be "one of them," and now he knew who I was. His website called for anone who encountered a pilot to kill the pilot on site, to prevent chemtrails. Those people are out there in large numbers. Apparently in the Tennessee legislature, too.