Old 03-23-2024, 07:58 AM
MaxQ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by Lowslung View Post
Right up there with Oklahoma proposing a ban on allowing kids who allegedly identify as cats to use litter boxes at school. 'Cause that's a thing that some toothless wonders with access to the whole internet, but only enough brain power to comprehend the Jerry Springer parts, believe to be true. 🤦‍♂️ There really is no limit on the gullibility of our society & elected officials are not immune. Unfuhkkingbelievable.
If I may, to add to your comment.

From 'The Council for the Human Future' (a group/organization I had never heard of and know nothing about, but the list I am about to reference seemed based on rational thought)

A list of 10 current "Mega Risks" to modern civilization.
Number 10, under sub-section Human Impacts was:
Mass Delusion.

The 9 other "Risks" were pretty much what one would expect. Mass Delusion might not yet be in main stream thought, but I agreed with it making the list.

Your post references this nicely. Mass Delusion indeed.
Peter Pomerantsev has written how Russia has managed to create a society where belief in objective truth and facts has been battered. It is an important part of the puzzle as to why Russia is so unstable.
Dr. Timothy Snyder has written how that the destruction of the very notion of Truth is being deployed by Putin's Russia against all it's enemies. Hoping to undermine and destabilize the enemy societies just as has been acomplished in Russia.