Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 09:41 AM
RezRunner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
ATSG just has no idea that they’re killing their golden goose-there’s this idea in modern capitalist to the core America that employees are inherently selfish and the only people that matter are rich shareholders and upper management. Their actions make sense when it’s viewed through the scope of milking every penny out AND punishing those lowly employees who are already asking for too much. They also genuinely don’t trust anyone who doesn’t sit on a board of directors or high level shareholders.

Truly reputable long term companies treat their employees well across the board because they recognize that their value actually comes from those that operate the company they’re pulling their millions-of-dollars in compensation packages from. And shareholders should realize that the stronger the baseline of a company is the better their investment returns over time. So far they don’t here, maybe something will change. At least we have a solid union and both flight attendants and pilots showed their commitment with 100% strike votes.

The core employees and crew at Omni for the most part want to build and be a part of a company they’re proud of. I came here for the people. You can’t treat high class pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, and so on like dirt in comparison to our competitors and expect to have OAI continue to generate the profit levels it did in the past because people will (as we see now) leave for greener pastures. It’s still a good place to work right now but falling behind every day. It used to be the best in the industry. Make it the best again and see what happens.

^^^^^ This a 100x's over. Name one company at the top of any performance list that DOESN'T take care of their people. It seems like most leadership teams out there have figured this out in this day and age. Of course there's some not in the top tier that are still dragging behind, stuck in some old model of thinking. Shallow planning without foresight, wanting to squeez every ounce of juice today, and just today, worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. I honsestly can't imagine sitting at a conference table with any reputable company and talking about how we can "get more out of these grunts while giving them less". That just sounds so removed from reality, or the right thing to do that it's completely off my radar.

I think it's going to bite them hard and its coming fast. We can't get pilots to class let alone get them to graduate, and the ones already here are fed up. Even the pilots who have historically been hard workers with the ol' "git er done" attitude are looking and sounding worn to the bone. It's not sustainable. There are way too many good people here that have one foot out the door.

The red flags are everywhere from scheduling and travel, to Mx and moral. Every one of those items is a huge conversation in itself. It's a trainwreck right now.