View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 01:25 PM
Vernon Demerest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by bamike View Post
I tried to do this recently at a major united hub for an international flight, check a bag and jumpseat. We can't list for the jumpseat on UA on myidtravel ahead of time, and the agents said I can only list for the jumpseat at the gate, not at the ticket counter, and I can't jumpseat with a checked bag. Obviously this is wrong, and it caused me to miss the flight.

Any actual guidance from UAL for this? They actually went as far as to say I'm not even supposed to jumpseat unless it's to go to work, can't be personal use. Very strange interaction for trying to OAL jumpseat on UA with a checked bag. Basically told me the only way to check it is at the gate and if you can't get the big bag through security it's your problem. Is there a workaround or solution for this?
All I can say is I’m sorry about this. Customer service agent was completely clueless, but with an attitude…. We fought for one of the easiest JS experiences for OAL as possible by having no requirement to list online. This appears to be a weak spot in our process. Please file a report with your airline’s JS coordinator/committee so they can in turn report this to our JS committee through the proper channels. Our JS committee can address with the company promptly this way.