View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 04:53 PM
TeamSasquatch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by BizJetWannaBe View Post

Thing is, I didn’t know I technically couldn’t log that time, and no one told me till my interview…

I do know for a fact though that some companies will count that time and some don’t.

Maybe change how you approach this…

The reality is, if you’re gonna apply for an ATP, just like any other rating, you need to meet the minimum experience requirements.

14 cfr 61.51 covers logging flight time. Just a few pages later we see what it takes to get an ATP. Add in some interpretive letters from the FAA and you’ll find lots of relevant info.

Suggesting that some companies count the time and some don’t is a bit misleading. You have to meet that minimum requirements for the ATP. But, what is competitive? Some companies may consider this experience competitive, but it doesn’t meet the requirements for a rating.

You’re not alone, plenty of people have been turned away from Netjets, SkyWest, etc… Anyone that’s needing to issue an ATP with their training curriculum, has been turning these people away for years. Whether it’s a CJ, King Air, 208…. I believe these factors were a large factor in the PDP program that is now in place for single pilot aircraft.

Really, the point that I hope you get out of this is that you can’t go around blaming other people for not knowing the rules. Use it as a good way to embrace what you’re learning.