Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

Is NJ hiring FO's?

Old 01-14-2024, 07:32 AM
  #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Oct 2023
Position: 135 SIC
Posts: 190
Default Is NJ hiring FO's?

If so, what are the competitve mins?
121noob is offline  
Old 01-14-2024, 08:50 AM
  #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 49
Default

Under 70 years
dh-98 is offline  
Old 01-14-2024, 01:27 PM
  #3  
Speed, Power, Accuracy
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 1,705
Default

Breathing.
GeeWizDriver is offline  
Old 01-14-2024, 01:47 PM
  #4  
On Reserve
 
MajorDickasons's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2023
Posts: 23
Default

Do they ask you to fog up a mirror?
MajorDickasons is offline  
Old 01-15-2024, 03:00 AM
  #5  
On Reserve
 
skyking9's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Position: XL/XLS
Posts: 21
Default

Nice responses, but I know several that have not been hired in the last year, even with T-PIC time. Could they have been too qualified?
skyking9 is offline  
Old 01-15-2024, 04:08 AM
  #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,034
Default

Originally Posted by skyking9 View Post
Nice responses, but I know several that have not been hired in the last year, even with T-PIC time. Could they have been too qualified?
Unlikely too qualified. Most likely they just didn't interview well. Even the best can get nervous at an interview or maybe they inadvertently had an answer that the interviewer simply didn't like or gave off a vibe that they would be airline bound ASAP.
jtf560 is offline  
Old 01-15-2024, 09:31 AM
  #7  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2024
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by 121noob View Post
If so, what are the competitve mins?
They are... ATP mins will do it. Question though. I had a recruiter tell me that I can use the 10 hours from CTP towards the requirements for the 50 multi they want. That said... I interviewed before having the time & the recruiter told me to let them know once I have the time... Problem with all of this... I initially said I had the time... would you invest in the multi time without guarantee of an interview/job? Idk... if I'm being honest I don't really wanna go there but at the same time CFI in the Midwest past mins, barely flying isn't necessarily helping my career either... WWYD? To make matters worse at most 6.0 from the FFS would work but the other 4 from the FTD wouldn't... scared this recruiter doesn't know what they are talking about
captainfootball is offline  
Old 01-15-2024, 01:05 PM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeamSasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 509
Default

Originally Posted by captainfootball View Post
They are... ATP mins will do it. Question though. I had a recruiter tell me that I can use the 10 hours from CTP towards the requirements for the 50 multi they want. That said... I interviewed before having the time & the recruiter told me to let them know once I have the time... Problem with all of this... I initially said I had the time... would you invest in the multi time without guarantee of an interview/job? Idk... if I'm being honest I don't really wanna go there but at the same time CFI in the Midwest past mins, barely flying isn't necessarily helping my career either... WWYD? To make matters worse at most 6.0 from the FFS would work but the other 4 from the FTD wouldn't... scared this recruiter doesn't know what they are talking about
Iíd also look at your own skills. The training at NJ isnít setup like a regional. Itís ~8 sims and a type ride. Initial isnít AQP. You do all the maneuvers/emergency and approaches on your flight check. Itís all third party instructors too. They use flight safety; but itís not a FSI course. Itís the NetJets way, through the eyes of instructors who donít fly for NetJets. People make it through fine, but people washout also.
TeamSasquatch is offline  
Old 01-15-2024, 01:14 PM
  #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
galaxy flyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont
Posts: 5,178
Default

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Iíd also look at your own skills. The training at NJ isnít setup like a regional. Itís ~8 sims and a type ride. Initial isnít AQP. You do all the maneuvers/emergency and approaches on your flight check. Itís all third party instructors too. They use flight safety; but itís not a FSI course. Itís the NetJets way, through the eyes of instructors who donít fly for NetJets. People make it through fine, but people washout also.
Thats generous, most bizjet type rides are 4 or 5 sims and the full check.
galaxy flyer is offline  
Old 01-15-2024, 01:27 PM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,034
Default

Originally Posted by captainfootball View Post
They are... ATP mins will do it. Question though. I had a recruiter tell me that I can use the 10 hours from CTP towards the requirements for the 50 multi they want. That said... I interviewed before having the time & the recruiter told me to let them know once I have the time... Problem with all of this... I initially said I had the time... would you invest in the multi time without guarantee of an interview/job? Idk... if I'm being honest I don't really wanna go there but at the same time CFI in the Midwest past mins, barely flying isn't necessarily helping my career either... WWYD? To make matters worse at most 6.0 from the FFS would work but the other 4 from the FTD wouldn't... scared this recruiter doesn't know what they are talking about
If you don't really want to be there, it will usually show during your interview. Those doing the hiring live in the fantasy land that this is a career job as is. They are getting tired of getting burned by pilots leaving ASAP for real career jobs and are very unlikely to hire anyone that they don't believe genuinely wants to make it a career. It is a vastly better job than instructing, but it isn't a career destination in today's market.
jtf560 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
andili61
Regional
18
04-01-2015 02:13 PM
panin
Air Wisconsin
15
09-06-2014 07:30 PM
lolwut
Major
24
12-01-2010 03:21 AM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
FlywithStyle
Regional
40
06-28-2009 12:20 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices