View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 07:22 AM
Boeing Aviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
*Should the TA pass* 8/6 starting base pay would be $105,029. 8/6 appears to be the closest schedule to the number of days Flex says their FlexBid schedule works. So roughly $45k less in base pay. Honestly there is a huge arguement to be made that Flex's starting pay should be more than NJA since Flex is requiring twice the experience to be hired. In a previous post on this thread, I laid out my thoughts on what a realistic estimation of NJA first year pay could be. Like someone else said, first year pay at NJA is can be very dependent on fleet assignment and speed through the training pipeline. Both of which are out of your control. However, using the information I laid out previously (find the post for details), I would estimate first year NJA on the 8/6 under the new TA would likely be between $146k-$166k. In the end I think the pay is likely in a similiar range, just much more dependent on soft money at NJA.
Thanks for the explanation. I provide career counseling and mentoring so that’s good info to know.

Best of luck with the TA.