Thread: PBS questions
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 09:24 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by GoodJet View Post
If you actually cared about the results for those JR to you, you'd know that the majority of SEA CA reserves were "unstacked" for May. Reserve coverage was too thin for weekends and the reserves were unstacked to cover the weeknds. Barely anyone got what days off they wanted. I'm still trying to determine how the process works and what happens to seniority during the unstacking process but the results just came out. No one is discussing this topic and the issue isn't being addressed by MGMT or ALPA. Unstacking also occured on the last 2 runs of the practice bidding at least for SEA but no one was paying attention nor did anyone care. Since it only happened to the reserves.

The real fun begins in July when unstacking will occur for everyone who has less than 50% seniority in base, due to a holiday month. Remember that the trailing line value will not be in play and the max average line value is 85+2=87.
PBS won't magically give you weekends and holidays off if you're super-junior, *somebody* has to cover that.

What it will do is make it easy to get specific days off or long runs of days off without jumping through hoops.

This industry has busy and slow seasons, nature of the beast. Personally I embrace the suck and make money in the summer, creating virtual vacation by bidding days off at the end of one month backed up to days off at the beginning of the next month. Then enjoy copious time off in the fall and winter (I do like to ski).