View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 11:08 PM
Adagosto11
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2024
Default Back a come back??

Hi all, I've been out of flying gig for a number of years, but think it might be time to get back to it. Envoy is my first choice and would come back as a DEC. So I have a few questions. If anyone could shed some light, I'd really appreciate it.

A friend I used to fly with recently did same, made his own return back to line flying, but he's since resigned. Just couldn't deal with commuting. But while he was there as recently as 6 months ago, he spoke of most lines paying double and triple time. Is that still going on? So what degree or not can you earn higher than the base rate? Is that even a thing right now?

Phoenix is my home, so is that a reasonable domicile for a new guy? I'd come in with 7-years 121 time, but so what, I'd be the plug. I understand it's a Jr base, but also small. Does it have a good outlook? And for that matter, should I expect to be on reserve for 12 months? 24 months? Indefinitely??

Finally, is this a good place to be? Do you guys like it? Are the schedules ok or do you basically get beat up all month? I certainly don't mind putting my dues in, that's expected and fair, but is there light at the end on the Envoy tunnel or is that light only a thing when you leave? Thanks all for your feedback.