Thread: Ace update?

Planetrain , 04-26-2024 03:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Planetrain
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2015
Quote: Call it what you like but the financial responsibility for auditing payroll needs to be with the company. ALPA needs to bill the company for services rendered for every correction then. The amount should be no less than the cumulative costs for the scheduling committee’s expenses for staff, materials and services. (including ACE) The company is ripping us off twice. Once for pay and a second time for increased costs to the union.
I used to work at an airline that would routinely mess up pay. Our contract was 200 pages and easy to understand so every pilot was an expert auditor. Not much slipped by and we didn’t need ACE.

Our contract here is 571 pages of 8pt font and the SRH is another 266 pages. With great complexity comes great fairness and wealth... Things we didn’t have at the last place. The problem is no one can be an expert on it, including the company; it’s super complicated. We wouldn’t need ACE or the scheduling team if the average pilot could explain things like PB days, trip rigs, MCD, ADG, and reroute. I’m glad we have those things, but to master those contract sections (which changes every 6-9 years) takes years and years of study.

I’m not apologizing for the company- I agree we need to be paid right the first time. Glad things are moving in a better direction.