View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 04:38 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Reactivity View Post
Heavy attrition does not help you negotiate if you're asking for more than the company is willing to give.
As was said by all three of the legacy carrier managements as they kept reducing hiring requirememnts; and was said by every regional out there that are now paying Captains over double what they were just 5 years ago..... yet for the legacies, all three now have identical pay rates for same equipment.
So, I'd say you're wrong on that. They will pay when they have no choice.

It never does in this business, especially when customers can move flying to other companies at will. Ask anyone who was at ABX in the 2016-2020 timeframe how an actual strike works out.
Kinda depends again on your contract and CBA. A good scope section takes care of that. Just like regionals cant fly over 76 seats or 89,000 lb GTOW aircraft

"Better" is in the eye of the beholder. At the moment (for at least a few more days, anyway), the overall cost of our two agreements is about even. We just chose different ways to allocate the money. ATI loves their home basing. We chose to put the value of that in other places that we like more.
True, ATSG does view the two contracts as cost neutral to eachother, even though the softmoney differences at ABX add up to a bit more.
The part I can't fathom is your ExCo signing an NDA and then doing a closed door deal for an extension with such minimal improvements.... it kinda sabotages both ATI & Omni.

I can see where if the membership is convinced a recession is about to hit hard, and not soft, that getting gains now, any gains, is better than nothing. If that was the majority concern then I guess you guys reached your objective. Congrats then.