View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
FNFAL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

I forgot to mention "days off". I spent a while on reserve as an FO and as a Captain. If you are saying " i have a real job i only get 8 days off a month, 10 would be 2 more..." keep in mind, at pinnacle your days off don't really belong to you. If you go to check out on your last day, scheduling can extend you pretty badly. One month as a captain i had 6 or 7 days off, and i used my one and only extention refusal.

Let me do some math. That means I was flying and living in hotels for 23 or 24 days that month. Most months as i reserve CA i got 8 days home per month. I spent at least one of my days off on the couch recovering from a week of no sleep. That means I was on the clock for 23 days * 24 hours = 552 hours of Pinnacle fun. If you get saturdays and sundays off at your current job, you are working 22 days per month. 552/22 = 25.09 hours. lets say give or take 100 hours per month just in case you get home kinda early or have a late show (almost never). That would still be 452/22= 20.5 hours a day at a real job.

In reality an 8 hour a day, five day a week job is acually 8*22 or 176 hours of time away from home. Even if you stayed later everyday it would be hard to cut your family and friends out of your life as much as you do at the Pinnacle happy factory.

You would have to spend 25.09 hours per day (you guessed it theres only 24 in a day)either at work, or sleeping in the janitors closet in a given month to equal that month of reduced rest, and "so tired you could puke" goodness.

Last edited by FNFAL; 05-06-2008 at 10:04 AM.