View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
SPDBOILER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Yes & Yes!

Originally Posted by Flying is Cool View Post
Okay so i was doing my multi commercial yesterday and had a 4 hour oral, of which the guy said i busted 3 times, with a discontinue somewhere in the middle of all the chaos(gave me my money back), then finally jumps up with a big smile and says "LETS GO FLYING!" Talk about a emotional roller coaster! Then after all this the ceiling is to low to go flying which was probally a good thing cause my head was one big bundle of crap after all that.

I blew it on some of the easiest questions (mind you i only got 4 hours of sleep because of noisy roomates etc)... He put a X out in the middle of the ocean and i couldnt figure out the coordinates, how embaressing, but seriously i havent used lines of lat and longitude ever, but still no excuse. Just kept getting the dumbest questions wrong, but nailed airpsace and systems etc. Another one was he was asking me why Zulu time was set up the way it is, my response: I dont know sir i didnt create time, i just know how to use it and calculate it.

Anyways I got credit for the oral and he took my money so we'll try to wrap this up tomorrow!

Oh well words cant describe the actual expierence, but it was crazy.. Just thought I'd share
I am not sure but assume this was a Designated Examiner. My experience with DE's has been varied; for my PPL the DE was very professional and thourough, DE for my Instrument and Commercial Single was what I would consider a little less that professional(sat at his desk while playing solitaire with his back to me during the oral) and the DE during my Commercial Multi was taking phone calls and talking about firing some new guy at the flight school using very colorful language. My favorite was the DE during my Private Multi. This gentleman took phone calls all during the oral, preflight, and up to the take off. He didn't like my short field landing and actually started yelling at me in the airplane. All the other manuevers and landings were good and it is not like I crashed the plane. Just a little bit more firm of a landing than he liked. Finished and I was certain I would be getting a pink slip. The guy passed me. Still feel like punching this guy in the gut to this day.