View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Meworry?

Originally Posted by BlueSide
I might have used cliff notes in the past but I"m still pretty sure this is what you said. Let me take one of your quotes.....

For more junior pilots, yes, they have a different story, since upgrade times are longer and E190 pay is less than stellar. But then, they know the situation when they sign up also. For anyone with my seniority or higher, there is not one airline they could have done better at here in the states.

This sound a lot like "I got mine, screw the rest... they knew what they were in for..."

Maybe you should worry.

Stillflyn
I think that shows I am considering junior pilots; that because of upgrade time they will not do as well initially (but yes, they do know that coming in), and you ignore the rest of what I said. And please, tell me where I'm wrong! I have been here less than three years, and "I don't got mine" yet. My options are worth the same as everyone elses. Pilots with even less time here than I have, say less than two years, have plenty of things to complain about, but I don't think pay is one of them, and yes, partly because they knew what the pay was when they applied and interviewed. Senior pilots have even less to complain about. That is what I was saying. QOL issues are what we should be addressing, because we can fix those with relatively little cost. Some of us are actively trying to do that, including me, for everyone, which is why I don't like your cliff notes version of my view. If my attitude was as you say, I would not bother. In fact, I wouldn't even bother to participate in this forum.

Do I care what you think of my opinion? Only to the extent that I wish you would take the time to be a little more thoughtful. You never know, you might actually come up with a good idea.

Thought for the Day: It's OK to think "out of the box," but first you have to know what's in the box.