View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:26 AM
FoxHunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Nightflyer
I have talked about this with other crew members for years....

IF no one voluntarily gave up their vacations, the company would have to do involuntary cancellations. Now, let's say that everyone who has been involuntarily cancelled were to bid a new week of vacation in the VERY NEXT slot held by a junior pilot. Not everyone would be able to hold the next month, of course, but enough would to be able to make a difference, and the rest might be in the month after. So, you get your vacation cancelled, collect 24 hours of pay, reschedule for the next month, get it cancelled again, collect another 24 hours, reschedule again....ad infinitem.

Pretty soon, every member of the crew force is having their vacation involuntarily cancelled for months in a row, and EVERYONE would collect 24 hours of extra pay, EACH MONTH, for merely POSTPONING (because I would take it, eventually, when they let me) their vacation.

Now, I know this would take a little cooperation from the wh@res, but perhaps even they could see the logic in getting paid an extra 24 hours per month for doing nothing.
Great plan!! Except when this no draft/vlt/vacation sell back becomes effective you can expect FDX ALPA standing before a judge just like the DAL pilots. The American pilots also had a very effective job action, only cost them a fine of $45,000,000.